Do you find yourself struggling to create a budget or save for retirement? You are not alone! 3 out of 5 people don’t know how much they spent last month.  That’s 33% of Americans who do not have a budget for the month. 
It’s time to confront your financial fears by changing your habits today so you can change your life tomorrow! Here are 3 ways to take control of your finances and give your savings a boost for a better future:
1. Trim Unnecessary Expenses – First, figure out where your money goes. After creating your list, it’s time to decide what is a necessary expense versus a luxury expense. Here are some examples of areas you could cut or scale down:
· Cut subscriptions or cable
· Use generic products instead of name brand
· Get creative with leftovers
2. Live Within Your Means – Like the old saying goes “live on less than you earn.” Get real about your needs and wants. You can achieve this by:
· Prioritizing expenses
· Paying down debts
3. Get Comfortable Watching Your Retirement Savings Grow – In America, the median household retirement account balance is $50,000.  Once you’ve created your budget, put your newfound savings toward your savings goals. These areas should include the following:
· Emergency savings
· College savings
· Retirement savings
Throughout this process, be patient, stay the course, and remain focused on your budget and savings for your financial future.
 Debt.com. 2019 Annual Budgeting Survey. April 4, 2019.